Wednesday 8 February 1956US date format: 2/8/1956, UK date format: 8/2/1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on February 8, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Marchesella and Jodie Forrest.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Des gens sans importance, directed by Henri Verneuil, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heidi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 February 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1956!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1956 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- John Marchesella
- Jodie Forrest: American astrologer, wife of Steven...
- Marques Johnson: American athlete, pro basketball player...
- Christian Eckert
- Dave Meros: American bass player (Spock's Beard).
- Connie Mack, baseball manager (Philadelphia Athletics, 1901-50), dies at age 93.
- Mine disaster in Quaregnon, Belgium; eight die.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1956 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?