Thursday 8 February 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Talib Rasul Hakim and François Démard.
My Little Chickadee, directed by Edward F. Cline, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingwa was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1940 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Talib Rasul Hakim: Composer.
- François Démard: French medical specialist, an otolaryngologist and oncologist.
- Ted Koppel: English-American journalist.
- Lodtz, 1st large ghetto established by Nazis in Poland
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?