Tuesday 8 October 1907
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 8, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Howard Joslin and Pierre Bertaux.
The Dummy, directed by Dante Falconi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 October 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1907!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1907 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Howard Joslin: Georgia, United States -- Actor (Quebec, Detective Story).
- Pierre Bertaux: French Resistant and Germanist.
- Gérard Espéret: French trade unionist and political activist, who was secretary of the CFTC for La Manche (1936-1939), deputy secretary-general of the CFTC from 1947, then Vice President of the CFTC-CFDT (1960-1967).
- Richard Shaver: American author and illustrator (d. 1975).
- Alfred: British royalty, Queen Victoria's fourth child, the Duke of Edinburgh and later Duke of Saxe Coburg and Gotha.