Friday 9 August 1929US date format: 8/9/1929, UK date format: 9/8/1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 9, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Le Garrec and Lui Che Woo.
Say It with Songs, directed by Lloyd Bacon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 August 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1929!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1929 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Jean Le Garrec
- Lui Che Woo
- Ronald Biggs: Celebrity.
- Dixie Ross: American entertainer, who used the stage name Elmira.
- Abdi İpekçi: Turkish journalist and activist (d. 1979).
- Heinrich Zille: German cartoonist (Simplicissimus), dies at 71.