Friday 9 August 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dixie Ross and Abdi İpekçi.
while All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1929!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1929 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Dixie Ross: American entertainer, who used the stage name Elmira.
- Abdi İpekçi: Turkish journalist and activist (d. 1979).
- Heinrich Zille: German cartoonist (Simplicissimus), dies at 71.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?