Sunday 11 August 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alun Hoddinott and Cora de Man-Canne Meyer.
Lucky Star, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while The Bishop Murder Case by S. S. Van Dine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1929!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1929 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Alun Hoddinott: Bargoed, Wales -- Composer (Floriture).
- Cora de Man-Canne Meyer: Mezzo-soprano (Figaro, Carmen).
- Raymond Cicci: French soccer/football player.
- Persia and Iraq sign friendship treaty
- Russian-Chinese border fights
- Babe Ruth becomes the first baseball player to hit 500 home runs in his career with a home run at League Park in Cleveland, Ohio.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?