Sunday August 11, 1929
US date format: 8/11/1929, UK date format: 11/8/1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 11, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Ramsay MacDonald (Labour), Pope Pius XI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Alun Hoddinott and Cora de Man-Canne Meyer.
Say It with Songs, directed by Lloyd Bacon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 11, 1929?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- See more
- Persia and Iraq sign friendship treaty
- Russian-Chinese border fights
- Babe Ruth becomes the first baseball player to hit 500 home runs in his career with a home run at League Park in Cleveland, Ohio.