Monday 5 August 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 5, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mary Strassmeyer and Yasser Arafat.
Say It with Songs, directed by Lloyd Bacon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 August 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1929!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1929 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Mary Strassmeyer: American journalist, cartoonist, co-creator of syndicated cartoon "Sneakers," feature writer, travel and society editor and columnist.
- Yasser Arafat: Leader.
- Ottó Boros: Hungarian water polo player (d. 1988).
- Don Matheson: American soldier police officer and actor (d. 2014).