Monday 12 August 1929US date format: 8/12/1929, UK date format: 12/8/1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 12, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Buck Owens and Joji Yuasa.
Say It with Songs, directed by Lloyd Bacon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 August 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 August 1929!
Which were the important events of 12 August 1929 ?
- Buck Owens: American musician, a country-western singer, songwriter and guitarist who also played trumpet and saxophone.
- Charles Moore: Coatsville, Pennsylvania -- 400m hurdler (1952 Olympics - Gold / Silver Medalist).
- Joji Yuasa: Composer.
- Buck Owens in Sherman: Texas, USA; country singer (Hee Haw).
- Sid Bernstein: American promoter who brought the Beatles over to the U.S.
- Rene Brejassou: France sport Champion.