Monday 26 August 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice Tempelsman and Reuben Kamanga.
Hallelujah!, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while Dark Hester by Anne Douglas Sedgwick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 August 1929!
Which were the important events of 26 August 1929 ?
- RC saints - St Zephyrinus, Saint Ninian, David Lewis (one of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales)
- Namibia - Namibia Day or Heroes' Day
- Zanzibar - Sultan's Birthday
- Maurice Tempelsman: Belgian-American financier, seen as an unpreposing businessman, a slightly overweight diamond merchant.
- Reuben Kamanga: Zambian soldier and politician 1st Vice President of Zambia (d. 1996).
- 1st US roller coaster built
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?