Saturday 17 August 1929US date format: 8/17/1929, UK date format: 17/8/1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 17, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Copeland and Bill Evans.
Say It with Songs, directed by Lloyd Bacon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 August 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1929!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1929 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Bill Evans: Musician.
- Bill Copeland: Athlete.
- Francis Gary: Powers; US spy (USSR captures him in 1959 U-2 incident).
- Augie Blunt: American actor (d. 1999).
- Jimmy Donley: American singer-songwriter (d. 1963).
- Francis Powers: American captain and pilot (d. 1977).