Saturday 9 August 1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 9, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Parizeau and Milt Bolling.
Danger Lights, directed by George B. Seitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 August 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1930 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Jacques Parizeau: Canadian politician, leader of the Parti Québecois, mainly concerned with the issue through the '90s of Quebec's separation from the rest of Canada.
- Milt Bolling: American baseball player and scout (d. 2013).
- Percy Williams runs world record 100m (10.3 seconds)
- Betty Boop debuts in Max Fleischer's animated cartoon Dizzy Dishes.