Tuesday 13 August 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Augustyn Bloch and Charles Lyon.
Hallelujah!, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while Dark Hester by Anne Douglas Sedgwick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1929!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1929 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Augustyn Bloch: Composer.
- Charles Lyon: General Secretary (Transport Salaried Staffs Association).
- Michael Beavis: Deputy cmdr-in-chief (Allied Forces Central Europe).
- Pat Harrington Jr in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Danny Thomas Show, One Day at a Time).
- Nick Scheps: Dutch musician, a choirmaster, composer and music therapist who specializes in healing with harp music.
- Pat Harrington: Jr. American actor (d. 2016)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?