Sunday 9 July 1916
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 9, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edward Heath and Joe Liggins.
Nugget Jim's Pardner, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 July 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1916!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1916 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Edward Heath: British politician who was elected P.M.
- Joe Liggins: US composer (Pink Champagne).
- Sir Dean Goffin: New Zealand composer (d. 1984).
- Dean Goffin: New Zealand composer (d. 1984).
- 1st cargo submarine to cross Atlantic arrives in US from Germany
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Yaaka Hula Hickey Dula - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- All I Want is a Cottage, Some Roses, and You - Geoffrey O'Hara
- That Hula Hula - Charles King & Elizabeth Brice
- Birds in the Night (A Lullaby) - Sophie Braslau