Sunday 23 July 1916
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ben Weber and Ronald Ridout.
Purity, directed by Rae Berger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while Mr. Britling Sees It Through by H. G. Wells was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1916!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1916 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Ben Weber: St. Louis, Missouri -- Composer (Thorne Music Award-1965).
- Ronald Ridout: School textbook author.
- Paul Bernon: Chamb?ry Military man.
- Laurel Martyn: Australian ballerina and choreographer (d. 2013).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1916 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- There's a Quaker Down in Quaker Town - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- The Star-Spangled Banner - Prince's Orchestra
- Missouri Waltz - Victor Military Band
- Arrah Go On, I'm Going Back to Oregon - Peerless Quartet
- They Didn't Believe Me - Grace Kerns & Reed Miller
- Non E Ver ('tis Not True) - Emilio DeGogorza
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?