Tuesday 4 July 1916, US Independence Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tokyo Rose and Iva D'Aquino.
Flirting with Fate, directed by Christy Cabanne, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while Seventeen by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 July 1916!
Which were the important events of 4 July 1916 ?
- Filipino-American Friendship Day
- In astronomy, the approximate date of Earth's aphelion.
- United States and Denmark - Independence Day (1776)
- Tokyo Rose: Japanese-American visitor to Japan turned propagandist broadcaster of English to allied forces in WW II.
- Iva D'Aquino: American typist and broadcaster (d. 2006).
- Alan Seeger: American war poet (Born 1888).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- My Bonny Bonny Jean - Harry Lauder
- Good-Bye, Good Luck, God Bless You - Ernest Ball
- Fair Hawaii - Elsie Baker & Reed Miller
- Where Did Robinson Crusoe Go with Friday on Saturday Night? - Al Jolson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?