Thursday 20 July 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Madcap Ambrose, directed by Fred Hibbard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 July 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1916!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1916 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 July
- Giants trade Christy Mathewson to Cin Reds
- World War I: In Armenia, Russian troops capture Gumiskhanek.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1916 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Missouri Waltz - Victor Military Band
- Arrah Go On, I'm Going Back to Oregon - Peerless Quartet
- The Star-Spangled Banner - Prince's Orchestra
- There's a Quaker Down in Quaker Town - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Non E Ver ('tis Not True) - Emilio DeGogorza
- They Didn't Believe Me - Grace Kerns & Reed Miller