Sunday 16 July 1916
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Harold Locke and Bill Tracy.
Purity, directed by Rae Berger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while When a Man's a Man by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1916!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1916 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Harold Locke: Archdeacon of Loughborough.
- Bill Tracy: American designer and builder of amusement park displays, particularly known for his ‘dark rides’ such as The Terroride, The Ghost Ship and The Whacky Shack.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Over the Waves Waltz - Pietro Deiro
- National Emblem March (New Version) - Arthur Pryor's Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?