Saturday 8 July 1916
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 8, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Al H Morrison and Al Morrison.
Nugget Jim's Pardner, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 July 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1916!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1916 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Al H Morrison
- Al Morrison: American astrologer, author and researcher; known for his advocacy of the Void-of-Course Moon theory.
- July 16- Massive flooding caused by 2 different hurricanes devastates western North Carolina.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Yaaka Hula Hickey Dula - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- All I Want is a Cottage, Some Roses, and You - Geoffrey O'Hara
- That Hula Hula - Charles King & Elizabeth Brice
- Birds in the Night (A Lullaby) - Sophie Braslau