Saturday 8 July 1916
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Al H Morrison and Al Morrison.
Nugget Jim's Pardner, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 July 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1916!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1916 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Al H Morrison
- Al Morrison: American astrologer, author and researcher; known for his advocacy of the Void-of-Course Moon theory.
- July 16- Massive flooding caused by 2 different hurricanes devastates western North Carolina.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Yaaka Hula Hickey Dula - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- All I Want is a Cottage, Some Roses, and You - Geoffrey O'Hara
- That Hula Hula - Charles King & Elizabeth Brice
- Birds in the Night (A Lullaby) - Sophie Braslau