Thursday 27 July 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kennan Wynn and Siegfried Reda.
The Girl Who Wrecked His Home, directed by Albert Ward, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while Seventeen by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1916!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1916 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- Kennan Wynn: NYC, New York -- Actor (Dr Strangelove, Absent Minded Professor).
- Siegfried Reda: Composer.
- Asfa Wossen: Crown Prince of Ethiopia / Son of Emperor Haile Selassi.
- Elbert "Skippy" Williams: Tenor Sax player.
- Keenan Wynn: American character actor, appearing in over 220 films and countless TV specials.
- Alfred Jost: Strasbourg physician
- Elizabeth Hardwick: American literary critic and novelist (d. 2007)
- Skippy Williams: American saxophonist and arranger (d. 1994)
- Charles Fryatt: British Captain of SS Brussels, executed by Germans.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1916 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- There's a Quaker Down in Quaker Town - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- The Star-Spangled Banner - Prince's Orchestra
- Missouri Waltz - Victor Military Band
- Arrah Go On, I'm Going Back to Oregon - Peerless Quartet
- They Didn't Believe Me - Grace Kerns & Reed Miller
- Non E Ver ('tis Not True) - Emilio DeGogorza
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?