Thursday 27 July 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 27, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Keenan Wynn and Siegfried Reda.
Madcap Ambrose, directed by Fred Hibbard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 July 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1916!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1916 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- Keenan Wynn: American character actor, appearing in over 220 films and countless TV specials.
- Siegfried Reda: Composer.
- Asfa Wossen: Crown Prince of Ethiopia / Son of Emperor Haile Selassi.
- Elbert "Skippy" Williams: Tenor Sax player.
- Kennan Wynn: NYC, New York -- Actor (Dr Strangelove, Absent Minded Professor).
- Elizabeth Hardwick: American literary critic and novelist (d. 2007).
- Skippy Williams: American saxophonist and arranger (d. 1994).
- Alfred Jost: Strasbourg physician.
- Charles Fryatt: British Captain of SS Brussels, executed by Germans.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Baby Shoes - Henry Burr
- There's a Quaker Down in Quaker Town - Peerless Quartet