Saturday 22 July 1916
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marcel Cerdan and Hipolito M Ocalia.
Purity, directed by Rae Berger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 22 July 1916
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 22 July 1916. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1916!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1916 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Marcel Cerdan: Algerian-French boxing champion.
- Hipolito M Ocalia: Landscape painter.
- Gino Bianco: Brazilian race car driver (d. 1984).
- A bomb went off during a Preparedness Day parade in SF killing 10
- In San Francisco, California, a bomb explodes on Market Street during a Preparedness Day parade killing 10 and injuring 40.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1916 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Missouri Waltz - Victor Military Band
- Arrah Go On, I'm Going Back to Oregon - Peerless Quartet
- The Star-Spangled Banner - Prince's Orchestra
- There's a Quaker Down in Quaker Town - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Non E Ver ('tis Not True) - Emilio DeGogorza
- They Didn't Believe Me - Grace Kerns & Reed Miller