Wednesday 19 July 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James D Ramage and Phillip Cavaretta.
Purity, directed by Rae Berger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while When a Man's a Man by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1916!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1916 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- James D Ramage: US Lieutenant Admiral (WWII-Palau / Guam / Philippines).
- Phillip Cavaretta: baseball player (National League Most Valuable Player 1945).
- Eve Merriam: American poet and playwright (d. 1992).
- Phil Cavarretta: American baseball player and manager (d. 2010).
- World War I: Battle of Fromelles : British and Australian troops attack German trenches in a prelude to the Battle of the Somme.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Over the Waves Waltz - Pietro Deiro
- National Emblem March (New Version) - Arthur Pryor's Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?