Monday 31 July 1916
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Vandenberghe and Sydney Tafler.
Intolerance: Love's Struggle Throughout the Ages, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while Life and Gabriella by Ellen Glasgow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1916!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1916 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Paul Vandenberghe
- Sydney Tafler: London, England -- Actor (Too Many Crooks).
- Jan Garwick: Norwegian mathematician and information scientist, in Norway also called the 'father of computer information.
- Sibte Hassan: Pakistani activist, journalist and writer (Born 1916).
- Billy Hitchcock: American baseball player, coach, and official (Born 1916).
- Bill Todman: American screenwriter and producer (d. 1979).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Baby Shoes - Henry Burr
- There's a Quaker Down in Quaker Town - Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?