Thursday 9 May 1918
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mike Wallace (journalist) and Orville Freeman Minneapolis Minnesota.
The Non-Stop Kid, directed by Gilbert Pratt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 May 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1918 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Mike Wallace (journalist)
- Orville Freeman Minneapolis Minnesota: (Senator-Democrat-Minnesota)/Secretary of Agriculture (1961-69).
- Moisis Michail Bourlas: Greek member of the World War II resistance (d. 2011).
- Orville Freeman: American three-term former governor of Minnesota and Agricultural Secretary under President John F. Kennedy and President Lyndon B. Johnson.
- Orville L Freeman: American politician (d. 2003).
- Mike Wallace: American TV personality, hard-boiled investigative reporter for TV's legendary "60 Minutes.
- Moisis Bourlas: Greek soldier and educator (d. 2011).
- Jimmy Réna: French jazz pianist and singer.
- George Cosbuc: Romanian poet (Born 1866).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Pack Up Your Troubles in Your Old Kit Bag - Oscar Seagle & Columbia Stellar Quartet
- In the Land O Yamo Yamo - Van & Schenck