Wednesday 9 September 1908
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 9, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cesare Pavese and Bernard Lorjou.
Not Guilty, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 September 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1908!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1908 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Cesare Pavese: Italian writer, a novelist, critic and poet with a tormented personality.
- Bernard Lorjou: French artist, painter of Expressionism and a founding member of the anti-abstract art Group "L'homme Témoin".
- John Haeton: United States -- Bobsled (1928, 48 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Yves Bourdos: Marmande EXecutives.
- Shigekazu Shimazaki: Japanese admiral (d. 1945).
- Russia takes part of Poland
- Orville Wright makes first one-hr airplane flight, Fort Myer, Virginia.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1908 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Cuddle Up a Little Closer, Lovey Mine - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- I've Taken Quite a Fancy to You - Ada Jones & Billy Murray