Saturday 5 September 1908
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 5, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joaquín Nin-Culmell and Josue de Castro.
His First Job, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 September 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1908!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1908 ?
- Joaquín Nin-Culmell: German-American pianist and composer (d. 2004).
- Josue de Castro: Brazilian writer, physician, geographer and activist against hunger (d. 1973).
- Gloria Holden: British actress (d. 1991).
- Joaquin Maria Nin-Culmell: Berlin, Germany -- Cuban / Spanish composer.
- Estuardo Nunez Hague: Writer, literary critic, historian and Peruvian university professor.
- Josué de Castro: Brazilian physician geographer and activist (d. 1973).
- Edoardo Amaldi: Italian scientist, a physicist who conducted research and wrote on atomic, molecular and nuclear physics.
- Dodger Nap Rucker no-hits Boston Braves, 6-0