Sunday 6 September 1908
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Lavalle and Alfred Schieske.
Hamlet, directed by Mario Caserini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while The Lure of the Mask by Harold MacGrath was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1908!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1908 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Paul Lavalle: Beacon, New York -- Bandleader (Cities Service Band of America).
- Alfred Schieske: Germany Actor.
- Anthony Wagner: English genealogist and academic (d. 1995).
- Korczak Ziolkowski: American sculptor designed the Crazy Horse Memorial (d. 1982).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?