Sunday 6 September 1908
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 6, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Lavalle and Alfred Schieske.
His First Job, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 September 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1908!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1908 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Paul Lavalle: Beacon, New York -- Bandleader (Cities Service Band of America).
- Alfred Schieske: Germany Actor.
- Anthony Wagner: English genealogist and academic (d. 1995).
- Korczak Ziolkowski: American sculptor designed the Crazy Horse Memorial (d. 1982).