Thursday 3 September 1908
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Matthew Black and Lev Semenovich Pontryagin.
while Mr. Crewe's Career by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1908!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1908 ?
- Matthew Black: Scottish theologian, a Professor of Divinity, Biblical Citicism and Principal of St. Mary's College at the University of St. Andrews, 1954; an author.
- Lev Semenovich Pontryagin: Russian mathematician (d. 1988).
- Alex Curling Delisser: Costa Rican lawyer, human rights activist and political Afro Rican.
- Lev Pontryagin: Russian mathematician and academic (d. 1988).
- Cornelis Pijnacker Hordijk: Governor-General (Dutch East-Indies).
- James Barries What Every Woman Knows, premieres in London
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1908 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Smarty - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Il Trovatore - Ai Nostri Monti (Home to Our Mountains) - Enrico Caruso & Louise Homer
- I Want You - Henry Burr
- I Want to Be a Merry, Merry Widow - Ada Jones
- Red Wing Medley - Arthur Pryor's Band
- La Boheme - Quartetto: Addio, Dolce Svegliare (Farewell, Sweet Love) - Enrico Caruso & Geraldine Farrar & Antonio Scotti & Gina Viafora
- Bye Bye Dearie - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?