Monday 9 September 1907
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pinky Tomlin Eureka Springs Arkansas and Maurice Roux.
El grito de Dolores o La independencia de México, directed by Felipe de Jess Haro, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
while The Weavers by Gilbert Parker was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1907!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1907 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Pinky Tomlin Eureka Springs Arkansas: USA; singer/actor (Tip-Waterfront).
- Maurice Roux: Oradour physician.
- Leon Edel: American author and critic (d. 1997).
- Ernest Roland Wilberforce: English bishop (Born 1840).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1907 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Red Wing (An Indian Fable) - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
- Sweet Julienne - Harry Macdonough
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?