Thursday 9 September 1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ben Logan and Robert Wood Johnson III.
Ginger Snaps, directed by firstlook, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 September 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1920!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1920 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Ben Logan: American novelist, nonfiction writer, editor, lecturer, teacher and producer-writer for TV and radio.
- Robert Wood Johnson III: American philanthropist (d. 1970).
- Wally Boag in Portland: Oregon, USA; performer at Disneyland's Golden Horseshoe Revue about 40,000 times from 1955 to 1982, actor in The Absent-Minded Professor, The Love Bug, voice of Jose parrot in Enchanted Tiki Room, named a Disney Legend in 1995.
- Jean Farran: French journalist who headed the radio station RTL from 1966 to 1978.
- Henri Ducassou: St Nazaire EXecutives.
- Michael Aldridge: Glastonbury, England -- Actor (Murder in Cathedral).
- Neil Chotem: Canadian pianist, conductor and composer (d. 2008).
- Feng Kang: Chinese mathematician and physicist (d. 1993).
- Robert Johnson: American businessman and philanthropist (d. 1970).
- Jean Richard: Mirecourt Military man.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Shannon Four - Wond'ring
- Chili Bean - Paul Biese Trio & Frank Crumit