Friday 11 July 1941US date format: 7/11/1941, UK date format: 11/7/1941
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 11, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Giannatos and Henry Lowther.
The Shepherd of the Hills, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 July 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1941!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1941 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Michael Giannatos: Turkish-Greek actor (d. 2013).
- Henry Lowther: English trumpet player.
- Rosa Morena: Spanish singer dancer and actress.
- Clive Puzey: Zimbabwean race car driver.
- German troops attack Dnjepr