Sunday 11 August 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kip King and Kip King in Chicago.
Foreign Correspondent, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while The Nazarene by Sholem Asch was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1940 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Kip King: Chicago, Illinois -- Actor (Charlie & Company).
- Kip King in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor (Charlie and Company).
- Jean-Claude Ribes: French CNRS researcher (radio astronomy) and author of books on ufology, including "Le Dossier des civilisations extra-terrestres" (The Dossier of Extraterrestrial Civilizations) (Paris, Fayard, 1970, written in collaboration with François Biraud), a book on the possibility of the existence of extraterrestrials and their visits to Earth.
- Lennie Pond: American race car driver.
- 38 German aircrafts shot down above England
- German air raid on British harbors Portland / Weymouth
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?