Monday 11 December 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Hayden and Pier Cesare Baretti.
Gulliver's Travels, directed by Dave Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Escape by Ethel Vance was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1939!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 11 December 1939 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Tom Hayden: American political activist, one of the "Chicago-7" during his radical hippie days.
- Pier Cesare Baretti
- Milon Brych: Czechoslovakian medical fraud who worked as a doctor in the cancer ward of Auckland Public Hospital from 1972-1976 until he was charged with practicing medicine without a license.
- Thomas McGuane: United States -- Writer (Colf Feet, Tom Horn, Missouri Breaks).
- New anti Jewish measurements in Poland, proclaimed
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1939 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Stop! It's Wonderful - Orrin Tucker & His Orchestra
- The Little Red Fox - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
- Indian Summer - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- Dick Jurgens & His Orchestra - Careless
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?