Monday 11 December 1939US date format: 12/11/1939, UK date format: 11/12/1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on December 11, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Hayden and Pier Cesare Baretti.
Judge Hardy and Son, directed by George B. Seitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 December 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1939!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1939 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Tom Hayden: American political activist, one of the...
- Pier Cesare Baretti
- Helmut Sohmen: Lawyer.
- Milon Brych: Czechoslovakian medical fraud who worked...
- Thomas McGuane: United States -- Writer (Colf Feet, Tom...
- New anti Jewish measurements in Poland, proclaimed
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1939 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Bluebirds in the Moonlight - Dick Jurgens & His Orchestra
- In an Old Dutch Garden (By an Old Dutch Mill) - Dick Jurgens & His Orchestra
- Erskine Hawkins & His Orchestra - Tuxedo Junction
- Faithful Forever - Glenn Miller & His Orchestra
- All the Things You Are - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra