Saturday 11 July 1914
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 11, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tommy Bartlett and Jacques Castelot.
The Fatal Mallet, directed by Mack Sennett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 July 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1914 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Tommy Bartlett: American owner of Water Ski Shows International, a touring entertainment extravaganza.
- Jacques Castelot: French film actor who appeared in 86 films between 1938 and 1982.
- Joe Shuster: Artist.
- Ahti Sonninen: Composer.
- Anibal Troilo: Argentine tango musician.
- Julius Rodenberg [Levy]: German writer (Die Deutsche Rundschau).
- Babe Ruth debuts as a pitcher for Boston Red Sox, he beats Cleveland 4-3
- Baseball legend Babe Ruth makes his major league debut with the Red Sox.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Fascination - Prince's Orchestra
- This is the Life - Billy Murray