Wednesday 11 July 1923
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Giraud and Germain Muller.
Merry-Go-Round, directed by Rupert Julian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while His Children's Children by Arthur Train was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1923!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1923 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Claude Giraud: Clamart EXecutives.
- Germain Muller: Strasbourg EXecutives.
- Richard Pipes: Polish-American historian and academic.
- Tun Tun: Indian actress and singer (d. 2003).
- Harry Frazee, sells Red Sox to Ohio businessmen for $1M
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1923 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Gulf Coast Blues - Bessie Smith
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?