Wednesday 11 July 1923
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ray Lumpp and Germain Muller.
Kill or Cure, directed by Scott Pembroke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 July 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1923!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1923 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Ray Lumpp
- Claude Giraud: Clamart EXecutives.
- Germain Muller: Strasbourg EXecutives.
- Richard Pipes: Polish-American historian and academic.
- Tun Tun: Indian actress and singer (d. 2003).
- Harry Frazee, sells Red Sox to Ohio businessmen for $1M
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Wildflower - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra
- Trot Along - Benson Orchestra of Chicago