Monday 24 December 1956, Christmas Eve
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 24, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stephanie Hodge and Anil Kapoor.
C.I.D., directed by Raj Khosla, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Seven Wonders Of The World by Lowell Thomas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vampira.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 December 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1956!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1956 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
Famous Birthdays:24 December
- I Love Lucy Christmas show airs, never put in syndication
- Ferdinand de Lesseps statue blown up in Port Said, Egypt.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?