Tuesday 4 December 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Blagoi Blagoyev and Herbert Groenemeyer in Germany rocker (OE.
In UK Just Walkin' In The Rain by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
Written on the Wind, directed by Douglas Sirk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Air Power.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 December 1956!
Which were the important events of 4 December 1956 ?
- Roman festivals - secret ceremonies in honor of Bona Dea
- R.C. Saints - Saint John of Damascus: optional memorial; also Saint Barbara
- Santerfa, Lukumf - Day of Shango
- International Hug Day. See Also: January 21st, National Hugging Day
- Navy Day in India
- Blagoi Blagoyev: Bulgaria -- 82.
- Herbert Groenemeyer in Germany rocker (OE: Luxus, Chaos, Spruenge).
- Bernard King basketball player (New York Knicks: New Jersey Nets).
- Frédéric Jannin: Belgian cartoonist, comedian and musician.
- Constantino Rocca: Italian athlete, a golf champion.
- Nia Griffith: Irish-Welsh educator and politician Shadow Secretary of State for Wales
- Bernard King: American basketball player and sportscaster
- Alexandr Rodchenko: Russian painter and photographer (Born 1891).
- 22nd Heisman Trophy Award: Paul Hornung, Notre Dame (quarterback).
- December 4 - The Million Dollar Quartet (Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, and Johnny Cash) get together at Sun Studios for the first and last time in history.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 December 1956
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1956 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?