Wednesday 5 December 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 5, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Klaus Allofs and Brian Backer.
In UK Just Walkin' In The Rain by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
The Rainmaker, directed by Joseph Anthony, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Arthritis And Common Sense by Dale Alexander was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wedding Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 December 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1956!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1956 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- Klaus Allofs: German footballer and manager.
- Brian Backer: American actor.
- Adam Thorpe: French-English author poet and playwright.
- Krystian Zimerman: Polish pianist and educator.
- Rose Heilbron becomes Britain's first female judge.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1956 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?