Monday 31 December 1956, NewYear’s Eve
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lyonel Trouillot and Martin Joseph Fettman in Brooklyn.
The Wrong Man, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while King Of Paris by Guy Endore was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Whirlybirds.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1956!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 31 December 1956 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Lyonel Trouillot
- Martin Joseph Fettman in Brooklyn: New York, USA; PhD/astronaut (STS 58).
- Robert Goodwill: English farmer and politician.
- Helma Knorscheidt: German shot putter.
- Steve Rude: American author and illustrator.
- Hussein Salah: Djiboutian runner.
- Bob Barker makes his TV debut as host of the game show ''Truth or Consequences''.
- Asian flu pandemic originates in China.
- Minamata disease is discovered.
- The Alpine Club of Canada, Toronto section, is founded.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?