Saturday 15 December 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 15, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William Orbit and John Lee Hancock.
In UK Just Walkin' In The Rain by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
Baby Doll, directed by Elia Kazan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wedding Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 December 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 December 1956!
Which were the important events of 15 December 1956 ?
- William Orbit: English keyboard player and producer (Torch Song and Bassomatic).
- John Lee Hancock: Writer.
- Tony Leon: South African politician who served as leader of the opposition from 1999-2007 as leader of the Democratic Alliance.
- KGW TV channel 8 in Portland, OR (NBC) begins broadcasting
- WRAL TV channel 5 in Raleigh-Durham, NC (CBS) begins broadcasting
- Emergency crisis in North Ireland proclaimed after Irish Republican Army strikes.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1956 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?