Saturday 1 December 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 1, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Claire Chazal and Julee Cruise.
In UK Just Walkin' In The Rain by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
7th Cavalry, directed by Joseph H. Lewis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Arthritis And Common Sense by Dale Alexander was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wedding Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 December 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1956!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1956 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Claire Chazal: French TV presenter (anchor), romance writer, and director of news at TF1.
- Julee Cruise: American singer-songwriter and actress.
- Stuart Kimball: rock guitarist (Face To Face).
- Candide opens at Martin Beck Theater NYC for 73 performances
- Indonesian Vice-President Mohammed Hatta resigns.
- Frank Robinson (National League) and Luis Aparicio (American League) are both voted Rookie of the Year.
- Alain Mimoun wins 13th Olympic marathon (2:25:00.0).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1956 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?