Tuesday 18 December 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 18, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ron White and Bent Hamer.
In UK Just Walkin' In The Rain by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
Carnival in Moscow, directed by Eldar Ryazanov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Loving Couple by Virginia Rowans was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wedding Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 December 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1956!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1956 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
Famous Birthdays:18 December
- To Tell the Truth debuts on CBS-TV
- Phil Rizzuto signs as New York Yankees radio-TV announcer.
- Japan admitted to the United Nations.
- Israeli flag hoisted on Mount Sinai.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1956 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #9 songs in the UK
- Just Walkin' In The Rain - Johnnie Ray
- Bill Haley & His Comets - Rock Around The Clock
- The Green Door - Frankie Vaughan
- The Four Aces - Love Is A Many Splendored Thing
- Guy Mitchell - Singing The Blues
- Malcolm Vaughan - St Therese Of The Roses
- Rock-A-Beatin' Boogie - Bill Haley & His Comets
- Max Bygraves - Meet Me On The Corner
- Rip It Up - Bill Haley & His Comets
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?