Saturday 29 December 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dolf de Vries and Fred MacAulay.
In UK Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley & His Comets was in the top 5 hits.
The Wrong Man, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Three Saints And A Sinner by Louise Hall Tharp was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Whirlybirds.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1956!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1956 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1956 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #9 songs in the UK
- Bill Haley & His Comets - Rock Around The Clock
- Johnnie Ray - Just Walkin' In The Rain
- Frankie Vaughan - The Green Door
- The Four Aces - Love Is A Many Splendored Thing
- Guy Mitchell - Singing The Blues
- Bill Haley & His Comets - Rock-A-Beatin' Boogie
- Malcolm Vaughan - St Therese Of The Roses
- Bill Haley & His Comets - Rip It Up
- Meet Me On The Corner - Max Bygraves
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?