Wednesday 12 January 1910
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Luise Rainer and Géry Leuliet.
La expiación, directed by Segundo de Chomn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
while A Modern Chronicle by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1910!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 12 January 1910 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Luise Rainer: German-born Austrian and American film actress, Oscar winner for the "Great Zeigfeld," 1936 and "The Good Earth," 1937.
- Géry Leuliet: French prelate of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Luise Rainer Austria: actress (Escapade, Good Earth, Big City, Hostages).
- Charles Martin: cartoonist.
- Gladys Blake: American actress (d. 1983).
- Patsy Kelly: Actress (Brigid Murphy-Cop & the Kid), dies at 71.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1910 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tell Mother I'll Be There - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
- What Makes the World Go Round - Frank Stanley & Elise Stevenson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?