Wednesday 26 January 1910
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elmar Klos and Marijan Lipovsek.
Hamlet, Prince of Denmark, directed by Grard Bourgeois, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
while Simon the Jester by William J. Locke was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1910!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1910 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Elmar Klos: Czechoslovakia -- Director (Adrift).
- Marijan Lipovsek: composer.
- Ronald Chisholm: Scottish diplomat and High Deputy Commissioner of East Nigeria.
- Joë Nordmann: French communist lawyer.
- Jean Image: Hungarian-French animator director and screenwriter (d. 1989).
- Heavy rains cause floods in Paris.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1910 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- On a Monkey Honeymoon - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- I Wonder Who's Kissing Her Now - Billy Murray
- Dear Heart - Elise Stevenson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?