Thursday 12 July 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 12, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andrew Wyeth and Luigi Gorrini.
Two of a Kind, directed by John Herzfeld, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 July 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1917!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1917 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- Andrew Wyeth: American watercolor and tempera artist, from a noted family, the son of illustrator N.C.
- Luigi Gorrini: Italian soldier and pilot (d. 2014).
- Fournier: Swiss / French postage stamp Merchant / forger.
- The Bisbee Deportation occurs as vigilantes kidnap and deport nearly 1,300 striking miners and others from Bisbee, Arizona.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- You're in Love - Lyric Quartet
- I'm a Twelve O'Clock Fellow in a Nine O'Clock Town - Byron G. Harlan