Saturday 14 July 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 14, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Arthur Leavins and Douglas Edwards Alda Oklahoma.
Wild and Woolly, directed by John Emerson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 July 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1917!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1917 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Arthur Leavins: Violinist.
- Douglas Edwards Alda Oklahoma: USA; newscaster (CBS Evening News, FYI).
- George Bookasta: American actor and director (d. 2014).
- Octave Lapize: French road cyclist racer, nicknamed "Le Frisé" or "Tatave", he won the "Tour de France" 1910.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- You're in Love - Lyric Quartet
- I'm a Twelve O'Clock Fellow in a Nine O'Clock Town - Byron G. Harlan