Monday 16 July 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Georges Arnaud .
Two of a Kind, directed by John Herzfeld, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 July 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1917!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1917 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Georges Arnaud: Italian writer; suspected of having killed his dad and aunt, he was imprisoned for only two years because of his sympathy with the National Liberation Front.
- Ludwig Philipp Scharwenka: German Composer (Album Polonaise), dies at 70.
- July 17 ampndash Russian troops mutiny, abandon the Austrian front, and retreat to the Ukraine hundreds are shot by their commanding officers during the retreat.
- July 18 ampndash Serious clashes in St. Petersburg in July Days Lenin escapes to Finland Trotsky is arrested.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Sousa's Band - The Stars and Stripes Forever March
- For Me and My Gal - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- American Patrol - Prince's Orchestra
- The Battle Hymn of the Republic - Reinald Werrenrath