Monday 16 July 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 16, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Conquest and Georges Arnaud.
Two of a Kind, directed by John Herzfeld, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 July 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1917!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1917 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Robert Conquest: Historian.
- Georges Arnaud: Italian writer; suspected of having killed his dad and aunt, he was imprisoned for only two years because of his sympathy with the National Liberation Front.
- Ludwig Philipp Scharwenka: German Composer (Album Polonaise), dies at 70.
- July 17 ampndash Russian troops mutiny, abandon the Austrian front, and retreat to the Ukraine hundreds are shot by their commanding officers during the retreat.
- July 18 ampndash Serious clashes in St. Petersburg in July Days Lenin escapes to Finland Trotsky is arrested.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Stars and Stripes Forever March - Sousa's Band
- For Me and My Gal - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- American Patrol - Prince's Orchestra
- The Battle Hymn of the Republic - Reinald Werrenrath