Monday 16 July 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Georges Arnaud .
The Little American, directed by Mary Pickford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while The Red Planet by William J. Locke was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1917!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1917 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Georges Arnaud: Italian writer; suspected of having killed his dad and aunt, he was imprisoned for only two years because of his sympathy with the National Liberation Front.
- Ludwig Philipp Scharwenka: German Composer (Album Polonaise), dies at 70.
- July 17 ampndash Russian troops mutiny, abandon the Austrian front, and retreat to the Ukraine hundreds are shot by their commanding officers during the retreat.
- July 18 ampndash Serious clashes in St. Petersburg in July Days Lenin escapes to Finland Trotsky is arrested.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- You're in Love - Lyric Quartet
- I'm a Twelve O'Clock Fellow in a Nine O'Clock Town - Byron G. Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?