Monday 2 July 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Harry E Claiborne and Pierre Dubois.
Little Women, directed by Alexander Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while The Red Planet by William J. Locke was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1917!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1917 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Harry E Claiborne: American judge (suicide) (Born 1917).
- Pierre Dubois: Dutch literary.
- Harry Claiborne: American Jurist.
- Murry Wilson: American noted family, the father of three teen-age sons who formed a music group with their cousin, Mike Love, called "The Beach Boys.
- Leonard Arrington: American author and academic founded the Mormon History Association (d. 1999).
- Herbert Beerbohm Tree: English actor / director (Hamlet).
- Riots in East St. Louis, Missouri
- The East St. Louis Riots end.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I - Anna Wheaton
- American Republic March - Prince's Orchestra
- With His Hands in His Pockets and His Pockets in His Pants - Byron G. Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?