Friday 6 July 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 6, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hugo Cole and David Lewis.
Two of a Kind, directed by John Herzfeld, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 July 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1917!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1917 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Hugo Cole: Composer.
- David Lewis: North Augusta EXecutives.
- Arthur Lydiard: New Zealand track & field coach (Born 1917).
- World War I: Arabian troops led by T. E. Lawrence (''Lawrence of Arabia'') and Auda ibu Tayi capture Aqaba from the Ottoman Empire during the Arab Revolt.