Tuesday 24 July 1917
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 24, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Henri Betti and Simon Slattvik.
Thirst, directed by Greg Kiefer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 July 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1917!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1917 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Henri Betti
- John Hillaby: Writer / traveller.
- Simon Slattvik: Norway -- Cross country ski jumper (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Jack Moroney: Australian cricketer (d. 1999).
- William Spencer: American banker, the No.
- Robert Farnon: Canadian-born conductor, composer, and arranger (d. 2005).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Night Time in Little Italy - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- The Man Behind the Hammer and the Plow - Prince's Orchestra
- Lookout Mountain - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell