Thursday 19 July 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Aitken and William W.
The Little American, directed by Mary Pickford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1917!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1917 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Robert Aitken: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Zen co-founder (Diamond Sangha).
- William W: Scranton (Governor-Republican-Pennsylvania).
- William Scranton: American politician, serving as Assistant Secretary of State from 1950 to 1960 and in the U.S.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'm a Twelve O'Clock Fellow in a Nine O'Clock Town - Byron G. Harlan
- You're in Love - Lyric Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?